The Pinatubo trek is a thrilling adventure that takes you to the majestic crater lake of an active volcano, surrounded by stunning rock formations and lahar canyons.
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- The Pinatubo trek is a thrilling adventure that takes you to the majestic crater lake of an active volcano, surrounded by stunning rock formations and lahar canyons.
- Jump off-site to Pinatubo crater is the crow valley which is a part of the military exercise ground. Latecomers will not be allowed entry once the military closes the gate.
- The earliest arrival back to basecamp is around 2:30 pm and if there are delays due to the exercise, the next or latest arrival from the hike is between 4:00 and 5:30 pm. Always anticipate that the tour will end at 5:00 pm.
- Mt Pinatubo trekking is also weather-dependent. During the rainy season, the advisory will be based on the report of the Pinatubo rangers living near the crater via VHF radios (early morning). So, it is possible the trek can be canceled even if you are already at the jump-off point.
- From the jump-off site to the crater is about 22 km. To date, the first 15kms are via a 4×4 jeep (1.5hrs ride) which is bumpy & dusty with river beds crossing. The last 7kms is the hike proper (2 hours or more depending on your pace).
- A 4×4 jeep may malfunction or break down which is common due to trail conditions and vehicles of those vintage types. So be patient if this situation happens.
- The majority types of trail guides are locals or from tribal groups. They are mostly non-English speaking guides but knowledgeable about the trails. Avoid asking a lot of questions otherwise the trail guide tends to walk a few meters ahead.
- No restrooms along the way. You can bring/buy a walking stick at the jump-off site that can stabilize you when you hike.
- During the hike, check if rocks and sand will not collapse especially during river bed crossing. The hike is not a marathon, be extra careful and take your own pace.
- Swimming is prohibited in case the stairs leading down to the crater lake are open. violators will be fined Php 15,000 per person. the guests can only touch the water or sit along the crater wall.
- The Pinatubo tour is non-refundable even if you did not make it to the crater due to the Military exercise. Do not spoil your day with things that are not within anyone’s control.